- Are you passionate about intelligence that makes a difference?
- Are you looking for an information management role supporting customer services that enhance New Zealand’s national security?
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been seeking, the New Zealand Intelligence Community (NZIC) is looking for a Content Specialist to be responsible for the handling and storage of intelligence products, and provide advice and support to users and publishers of intelligence products.
You will join a multi-agency team at the launch of a phased programme of business and culture change across the NZIC agencies, designed to enhance the ability of customers to access and utilise intelligence. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious but crucial change programme, with cross agency executive support.
The NZIC’s Intelligence Customer Centre is a business unit jointly accountable to the Directors of Intelligence in GCSB and NZSIS and to Director NAB in DPMC for effective representation of the combined agencies in the design and delivery of customer value.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Sound professional experience in the intelligence and security sector, including roles in production or dissemination of intelligence;
- Experience in an information management role, including the ability to manage content in specialised intelligence repositories, and to provide training and support to content publishers and consumers;
- Thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and procedures relevant to the production and dissemination of NZIC intelligence products;
- An eye for detail, a methodical approach to problem solving and an ability to think laterally; and
- Strong customer service ethos, excellent time management skills and able to work independently with minimal guidance.
As well as interesting work we offer a range of benefits including professional development, free health insurance, on-site gym and fitness facilities, flexible working and great work-life balance.
This is not an opportunity to be missed!
Salary from $68,724 - $103,086 per annum.
Midpoint of the salary range is $85,905 reflecting full competence in the role
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number C2/20/63 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close Sunday, 14 June 2020.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.