The Physical Security Advisor is an important role of a team containing self-motivated practitioners. The successful applicant will be responsible for improving the protective security capability primarily in the NZ public sector. You will be working closely with our engagement team established to assist with the successful implementation of the New Zealand government Protective Security Requirements (PSR).
In this role you will be a Physical Security subject matter expert and champion. You will provide comprehensive physical security advice and guidance in a consultancy capacity in line with the PSR.
You will be accountable for:
- providing comprehensive, up-to-date physical security advice to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- informing and influencing individuals and teams on relevant regulations and their responsibilities for physical security
- helping to develop and improve the security culture across New Zealand public sector
- assessing , documenting and presenting on physical security considerations
- collaboratively working with site owners and security managers on physical protection
- evaluating security products for suitability
To be successful in this role you will have an understanding of protective security principles and practices. You will also have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- the ability to identify security threats to premises including the people, information and assets within the premises
- an understanding of risk management with proven risk management experience
- the design or evaluation of physical security systems used for securing people, information or assets
- physical security surveys , audits or vulnerability assessments
- an understanding of physical security in the design and construction of facilities
In addition to the above skill and experience set you will have the following attributes:
- Excellent self discipline and personal integrity
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, for both technical and non-technical customers
- Sound judgement
- High level of self motivation supported by a “can do” approach and ability to see a task through to completion with minimal supervision
A willingness to undertake both domestic and international travel and a full drivers license are also requirements of this role
If this sounds like you and you want to make a real and direct difference to the protection of physical premises we need to hear from you.
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to email@example.com quoting reference number D2/17/102 in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close 22nd January 2018.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.