- Operational policy to support compliance
- Lead investigations and audits
- Maintain compliance framework
This newly created, permanent role is based within the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service’s (NZSIS) Office of the Director-General providing advice and coordination of operational policy, risk and assurance, compliance and legal activities.
The Office of the Director-General supports the Director-General to lead the NZSIS in achieving its operational and strategic goals, by providing advice and coordination of strategic policy, risk and assurance, compliance and legal activities.
Just some of the busy and exciting tasks you’ll be involved in are:
- Advising operational areas of the NZSIS on the development of policy and processes to ensure compliant and lawful activity is undertaken.
- Drafting of investigation reports including development of recommendations.
- Identifying new approaches to improve internal controls and compliance management.
- Provide input into various NZSIS projects.
To be successful in this interesting and demanding area of our organisation, you will:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an operational and/or investigative area of NZSIS, or
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a compliance, risk or audit role.
- Have previous experience of organisational and strategic risk frameworks.
- Demonstrated strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills.
In return we offer a range of benefits including professional development, free health insurance, on-site gym and fitness facilities, flexible start times and great work life balance where you never take work home with you!
Salary range - $79,797 - $119,695.
Applications close Wednesday, 18 September 2019.
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number D2/19/77 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.