Are you passionate about Networks and Network Security, and want to work in an exciting environment? Do you feel like you could be doing more with your skills? Do you want the opportunity to expand those skills into other areas of IT technology? Are you interested in being part of an organisation that is committed to the security and well-being of New Zealand?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you need to consider working for us at our Auckland or Wellington offices.
What you'll bring to the position:
- A passion for network and firewall technologies.
- Relevant work experience and hopefully some formal training like a tertiary qualification.
- Enthusiasm for solving complex IT problems.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
What you get from us:
- Unique and extremely interesting work that you don’t get to do anywhere else.
- Career and training opportunities.
- Close knit culture and community.
- You'll never have to take your work home with you.
These are some of the skills that the successful applicant will have (not all of them, but hey, we can dream right?):
- Experience designing, implementing, managing and supporting a broad and complex network infrastructure environment.
- Experience with IP Telephony and VTC systems.
- Experience configuring switches, routers and firewalls and cryptographic devices. Please mention the products you have experience with in your application.
- LAN, WAN troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of network security.
- Knowledge of TCP/IR Fundamentals, switching technologies and commonly-used routing protocols.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Interoperability (even if you have to the DIY from time to time).
In spite of the skills set you arrive with, we will be expecting you to learn a whole lot more. Its more important that you bring the right attitude and a desire to improve your skills in a unique environment.
You will join a technology centric team who collectively do amazing things with computing and electronic technology, but you should also be comfortable solving complex problems on your own. You know that Raspberry Pi isn't something your grandmother bakes and a packet is not what your bring home from a supermarket.
We're a little bit different. The work is always challenging and it's important for the security of New Zealand.
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to email@example.com quoting reference number C2/18/30 in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close 6 May 2018.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.