Are you a skilled policy or business advisor looking for the next step in your career?
Do you have strong and effective communication skills, together with the ability to think critically and shape strategic direction?
Do you have a proven track record of working with a diverse group of people, making sound judgements, and joining the dots to “see the big picture”?
If so, we would like you to become part of a small outgoing team within the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (NZSIS) that is making a tangible contribution to lifting the protective security capability of New Zealand.
As a member of our PSR Team, you will communicate complex ideas in a clear and concise way to Ministers, senior managers, and practitioners. You will analyse a range of information to inform decision making and you will drive the development and delivery of PSR policies and protocols.
This will require you to foster relationships and manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
You will have the following profile:
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and orally) to a wide range of audiences, including Ministers
- Capability to lead projects and manage a large number of tasks to achieve an overall outcome
- Can demonstrate a sound level of critical thinking, policy analysis, and evaluation
- An awareness of, and interest in, current affairs and issues that affect New Zealand on a domestic and international level.
- An understanding of New Zealand Government processes.
- Well developed presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and delivery a range of tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Highly engaged, proactive and action-orientated to deliver successful outcomes
- Ability to work well with a range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
You may already have knowledge or experience working within the security sector but this is not a necessity, as your proven ability to think critically and communicate effectively will stand you in good stead.
If you are looking for a meaningful career opportunity and a chance to make a real difference to the future of New Zealand we would love to hear from you.
As well as interesting work, we also offer a range of benefits including professional development, free health insurance and on-site gym and fitness facilities. We also promise you will never have to take work home with you!
Salary from $68,316 - $102,474 per annum
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number D2/19/02 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close Sunday 27th January 2019.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.