- Take the next step in your ICT service centre career
- Chance to manage unique and interesting problems
- Take ownership
The Technology Directorate delivers technology for GCSB, NZSIS and the wider security and intelligence sector. Our purpose is to ensure that mission requirements are met today and in the future – realising positive outcomes for New Zealand.
We're looking for a talented and experienced person to work in an environment which is like no other to deliver fantastic solutions to difficult problems.
Your days will be diving deep inside IT systems and infrastructure that are outside the bounds of any corporate configuration you have seen before, and a chance to manage unique and interesting problems.
We have such a broad range of systems you will need to be able to think fast and act responsibly. A majority of the time you will be taking ownership of the incident and seeing it through to resolution. Over time you will become a subject matter expert in multiple systems, and with the training opportunities we provide you will be able to shape your career around your skills and interests.
Our ideal person will have:
- High level of experience in system administration of Windows and/or Linux based systems (preferably using the command line, not a GUI)
- Ability to identify and resolve incidents at their root cause
- Proactively work to prevent incidents before they occur
- Able to work as a team or individually on complex tasks with the desire to become a subject matter expert
- Maintaining policy, standards and procedures for a service team
- Experience in a service desk environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Desirable qualifications:
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- NZQA Level 4 or higher Diploma in Computing
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
As well as interesting work you won't find elsewhere, we also offer a range of benefits including ongoing professional development, flexible working hours, free health insurance, on-site gym and fitness facilities, and never having to work from home!
We believe that diversity is our first line of defence and encourage all parts of the community to consider a career with the NZIC.
Salary range dependent on experience and level appointed at:
Level 1 - $49,465 - $74,197 click here
Level 2 - $58,549 - $87,823 click here
Position descriptions are availble above.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to email@example.com quoting reference number C2/19/155 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close 8 December 2019.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.