- Are you looking for a meaningful and rewarding career where you will make a tangible contribution to the security of New Zealand?
- Do you want to work with a group of people who are passionate about protecting New Zealand’s security?
- Do you enjoy engaging with a diverse range of people and building relationships?
- Do you enjoy working in at times fast paced and dynamic work situations?
The NZSIS is looking for adaptable problem solvers to join their busy Auckland Operational Liaison team. Our team includes people from various cultures, across all age groups and diverse backgrounds, but we all have the same common values and desire to keep New Zealanders safe.
As an Operational Liaison Officer you will be responsible for engaging with private and public sector organisations and members of the public to obtain information and support to meet organisational requirements and deliver operational outcomes. Critical to success in the role is the application of highly developed interpersonal skills, exceptional judgement, and the ability to influence others.
This role would suit someone with proven experience in managing relationships at all levels, the ability to negotiate priorities, be self managing and adaptable to change. The resilience to undertake a wide range of tasks in an operational environment will also be important.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with a wide audience
- The ability to exercise independent operational judgement, including in dynamic situations
- A high attention to detail and well developed planning and organisation skills
- The ability to juggle competing workloads and work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills
If you have experience in the above criteria and are looking for a fulfilling career where you will be encouraged to excel then we are keen to hear from you. In return you will work in a unique and interesting environment, receive a competitive compensation package, flexible working hours and the chance to make a valuable contribution at the heart of the NZSIS’ security and intelligence work.
Depending on experience the salary range for this role is $58,500 - $85,395 circa.
You are invited to submit an expression of interest using the form available on the intranet, along with an up to date CV.
A position description can be found attached here.
How to apply
Applications must include a completed application form, a current CV and cover letter. These should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number D2/18/86 and placing your full name in the subject line of the email. Only completed applications will be progressed.
Please direct any enquiries regarding this role to email@example.com
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold NZ Permanent Residence or hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a high level security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 20 January 2019.
The NZIC treats all applications for employment in the strictest confidence and we ask that you maintain a similar level of confidentiality. You are expected to exercise discretion during the recruitment process and throughout your career.